photography digital information

It finally happened...


I've shot at a bunch of weddings (including 2 this weekend) and many have been beautiful, touching events. But never had I been emotional (AKA "something in my eye").

Well, at the reception of yesterdays wedding the father of the bride got up to toast the couple and started talking about his love for his daughter, how on the day she was born she wrapped her tiny fingers around one of his, then went on to talk about important events in her life (first day at school, riding a bike, etc.) when she was nervous or afraid and how putting her hand in his would comfort her and give her strength.

Each of the moments he shared was both touching and beautiful, then he started... "and now the day has come when I have to take your hand from mine and place in gently into the hand of your husband..."

The guests were crying, the wait staff was crying... even I had "something in my eye".

The above image is of a rose that was in the brides bouquet. I shot it with a Nikon 60mm Micro (macro) 2.8 lens. I wanted just the edges of the petals closest to the lens in focus and the focus on the rest of the flower to fall off.

It finally happened... Share on...