photography digital information

Bits & Pieces... Odds & Ends...

Today I am serving up some Bits & Pieces and one snippy comment, but I'll save that for last.




A friend of mine (hey Mike) does food photography and does it very well. One of his clients is "Once Upon a Chef".

I followed through one of his links to see more of the food photography and soon forgot why I was there and started collecting recipes fast and furiously.

Like the Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing, Late Summer Corn Soup, Crispy Tilapia Fingers, Chocolate Fudge Crinkles, Coconut Dream Tart.

So head over to Once Upon a Chef for some delicious recipes and wonderful photography.



The other day we did a review of MaxiVista, an iPad utility that will allow you to extend your desktop for a dual monitor setup.

Well, you will also want to check out (and bookmark) Terry Whites "Best App Site" for the "8 Must Have iPad Apps for Photographers".

Other to check out is the new release from Adobe "Photoshop Express" (free), the iPad photo editing app "PhotoPad" (free), and "Photo Wall for iPad" (yes, free) will help you make beautiful (and custom) photo collages that you can share by uploading or emailing (see their
YouTube video here).


Now... for snippy.

Only once in the 5 years and almost 700 posts have I said something less than complimentary (which can be found here), but this has my panties in such a bunch that I can't keep silent about it.

This tweet came across almost a week ago (I thought time would make it less annoying, but I was wrong): "Today's wedding: fabulous! Today's caterer: not so much. late, ran out of food; I had 3 rolls for dinner."

I find a few things upsetting about this kind of irresponsible "tweet", if you are going to publicly take someone to task (and perhaps cost them business) you need to have substance behind your statement, not just throw out an "Enquirer" headline.

Maybe there was a (legitimate and unavoidable) reason they were late, maybe they were given an incorrect head count and that's why they ran out of food, and maybe the caterer deserves criticism, but it should come from the person who hired them, NOT the photographer.

Impacting the livelihood of another should not be undertaken so flippantly.

In my eyes it reflects more poorly on the photographer than it does the caterer.

Bits & Pieces... Odds & Ends... Share on...