photography digital information

Classic Camera of Biddeford Maine...

Is there anything more satisfying than finding a retail establishment that you LOVE doing business with? I don’ think so.

I want to share with you one such place I’ve found; it’s Classic Camera of Biddeford Maine. It’s run by Andy and (sometimes) his dad. You get outstanding service, great conversation, and leave looking forward to Your next visit.

Andy (a Leica film shooter) has forgotten more about cameras and photography than I will ever know.

Let me share with you my last two visits:

Just before Christmas a friend of mine gave me an old light meter she no longer used with the advice “it may need to be cleaned and calibrated”. I brought it to Andy, told him exactly what she had said and asked “how long?”Give me a minute” with that Andy disappeared into the back of his shop, returned a few minutes later, handed me the light meter and told me it was all set. “How much?” I asked, “Nothing” he replied, “Merry Christmas”.

Recently I over tightened a bolt on a light stand and stripped the threads, so it was off to Classic Camera, “Andy, do you have one of these?” He didn’t have a new one but dragged out a big box of knobs, bolts, and doo dads he's been collecting for years and rummaged through it until he found me a match.

Try getting that kind of service on eBay or in a big box store.

They do repair work on all major brands of film cameras and sell great quality refurbished/used equipment (I bought a Quantum Battery 2 – new batteries and switches for $195).

You don’t have to live in Southern Maine to try these folks out; and you’ll be glad you did.

Classic Camera
West View Plaza
20 Edwards Ave.
Biddeford, ME 04005
207-284-5500


Ask for Andy!

Classic Camera of Biddeford Maine... Share on...